|Available from:||Catalogue |
|“||“Clean, chunky lines set this collection apart as a preserve of the down-to-earth Habbo. It's beautiful in this simplicity, and welcoming to every Habbo. Male, female, old, young, straight, gay: all will feel at home with the uncluttered, though highly funtional and comfortable, Area Collection”|
Area is one of the oldest furni ranges on Habbo. Its design, while fundamentally the same, has been updated several times since it was first launched, due to it being one of the oldest furni ranges and the graphic style of Habbo changing.
When it was first introduced to the Hotels, originally named 'Silo' as it was meant to function as simple, office style furniture - however many players now favour the Executive range for this purpose. Area furniture is no longer available to buy in the Shop.
Originally, Area was only released in a shiny brown colour, but was updated to the default turquoise colour (named Gray within Habbo) with the update to V11, in September 2006 in the Finnish hotel (study desk) and the Swiss hotel (bar stool and safe). Soon after that the other colours were added across the hotels.
- Black - Switzerland, 2006
- White - Denmark, July 2007, except the safe, which was first released in UK, November 2007.
- Beige - some parts in China, July 2007. The sofa was first released as part of a package deal in US, August 2007. The final parts/whole range (gate, barchair, safe) were released in Australia, September 2007.
- Pink - Barstool spotted in ‘Fansite Drop In’, room by UK manager Ludus. Full range first released in Canada & US, April 2007.
- Blue - First released in US and Canada, January 2007.
- Green - First parts released in Russia, the German hotel followed quickly, releasing half of the items , followed by US/Canada with full collection.
- Yellow - Safe/minibar and the barstool first released in Germany, November 2006. More parts released in Easter 2007 on the Finnish hotel, and the full range (excepting the small table) was released in November 2007 in Singapore.
- Red - Armchair first seen as a prize in Italy, and spotted in ‘Zombierace’ by Lunadismeraldo, October 2006. Full range released in 2006 in Denmark (although originally brighter than the current images). Barchair/stool first in Switzerland, safe/minibar first in Holland, December 2006.
During the Easter 2013 campaign, 4 Crackable Eggs were released. It has been widely speculated that Purple Area was due to be included in the Crackable Egg Level 1: images of the White area were uploaded onto the Habbo database at the same time as the eggs, with the furni names 'Purple Area ___', and sprites were recoloured to the purple items at an unspecified later date. However the items are rarely seen on Habbo so it is believed the items were not recoloured in users' inventories.
In December 2020, when the catalogue and Builders Club catalogue were updated, the Purple Area Gate was added to Builders Club under 'Area' tab. All the other purple area appear to be a mystery.
Habbo have confirmed via a tweet that there are no plans to reintroduce Purple Area to the catalogue.
|Purple Area Sofa||Purple Area Armchair|
|Purple Silo Dining Chair||Purple Bar Stool|
|Purple Area Coffee Table||Purple Area Occasional Table|
|Purple Area Corner Shelf||Purple Area Gate|
|Purple Safe Minibar|
- The Gray Dining Chair and Large Coffee Table were also a part of a Deals package for 5 Credits which contained: 3 Dining Chairs and 1 Coffee Table.
- Yellow colored Area was available in 2007 for Habbo Club members only in the Club Shop
- The default colour of Area is called Gray, although it has a turquoise tint and is often referred to as Turquoise by players.